Today, Henry, our screenwriter, was working on our script, while the rest of us worked on setting up our shot list and schedule. Charlotte and I, as the cinematographer and editor, started brainstorming some shots that we can film and how we can create that shot. Below are some ideas we came up with during the lesson:
- Smoking cigarette scene -use an actual cigarette, but only film the silhouette of the actor “smoking” it
- Reflections - mirrors, glass windows
- Blinds (where?)
- Empty Chair in the beginning (Close Up of Justice holding up the device, and talking into it, close up of his mouth +device), Empty Chair at the end
- Don’t show eyes in the beginning (only show mouth), as the story unravels start showing his eyes: Zoom out of close up when “I never forgot how you just dismissed the case after a while, stating it was "just a waste of time" to keep the search going”
- Silhouette of door closing / blinds
When the script is almost completed, Charlotte and I will start storyboarding. Meanwhile, we will keep on brainstorming ideas for shots, and later on select the suitable ones and organise them into a shot list.
Another change that we made this lesson is the change of actress. Charlotte cannot act because she is the cinematographer and will have to direct the cameraman when we are filming. Therefore, we could either find an actress to act for us, which would be quite inconvenient since we would be taking up a lot of her own time, or I might have to considering taking on the role, even though I am not sure if I will be able to do well as an actress since I do not have much experience in acting and do not like being on camera. Perhaps it would be fun to take this risk, step out of my comfort zone, and try something that I don't do very often!!
As a group, we also decided when we would start shooting. Our shooting dates will be 2nd October, 9th October, 16th October, and 23rd October. We will also spend class time filming.
Project Requirements:
- Script
- Shot List
- Storyboards
- Schedule
- Production Plan
No comments:
Post a Comment